Monday, September 7, 2009

Full Week

First Week in Cameroon, 10 km run on saturday and sunday morning with my host father who is making me into a trophy son. My family is also composed of my host mother, and my younger brothers Arno, 7 and Jojo, 1. Life is good; the Indomitable Lions, Cameroon's soccer team won on Saturday, leading to celebrations throughout Yaounde. They play Gabon again on Wednesday. Trying to get tickets, especially in the nosebleeds.

Also, we have eaten most of our meals with this sauce called "sauce a noir" which translates as black sauce and has the consistency and taste of tar. On the other hand, my Barack Obama gifts might has well have been gold ingots. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon, I haven't had many opportunities to pull out my camera.

Go Sox,
Steven

1 comment:

  1. Sup fellow Africa resident. Glad to hear life is good over in Cameroon. I'm jealous of your running- if I tried to run here in Nairobi, I would most likely be gunned down or hit by a car, probably simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete