Friday, June 1, 2012

Hey Buddy

Dear Blog,
Sorry for the tardiness. I should have posted on you, but I was home, and it didn't seem right. It was good to see some of you back in the USA, but now I have returned to my adopted land in Malawi,. The rainy season is over, the reddish dust billows behind cars once again, and people are bundled up Soviet-style to avoid frostbite in the 80 degree weather. Not a joke, people claim that this is cold, cold weather (it probably gets to 60 degrees at the worst at night). I saw a guy wearing a full body ski-suit last night: that said, it's pink, orange and yellow-striped pattern was probably a fashion statement.

This is just to tell you that I am back and will offer you new stories, serious views on the development of the ninth poorest country in the world, and at the request of my grandmother, promiscuity, scandal and intrigue. But for now, I am exhausted from the debilitating flight over, little sleep and a slew of house-shopping and meetings in my first 1.5 days.

In Joyce Banda we trust,
Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment