Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gone North

Since I last checked in, we returned from the beach and had a couple of days in Yaounde where I ran around conducting interviews for my research on diamond mines by the Congo. I've met some pretty cool people and seen some really crazy gemstones. After that, we took a full two day bus trip to the north of the country through the bush and mud. Multiple times we had to get out of the car and push out of muddy potholes in the middle of the forest. Pretty unique. Total driving time: 27 hours. Since then I have moved in with my new family here in the north of Cameroon: traditionally Muslim country. My new homestay father is a professor at the local university. Yesterday we saw a traditional Muslim doctor who also read fortunes. Not exactly his expertise.

Check in if we go to the extreme north.

Peace,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment